Recently I attended the launch preview of the "World of Mamonde". AmorePacific Malaysia held the launch at Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel, Mamonde (french word for 'My World'). Thank you the Butterfly Project Malaysia for inviting me to this launch preview.
|Introduction the brand by Margaret Chin, AmorePacific's Malaysia's General Malaysia.|
"Mamonde's skincare is the first of its kind in the cosmetics market as it uses only flowers as its key ingredient in the formulation for all its products,"said Margeret Chin, General Manager of AmorePacific Malaysia. "With the launch of Mamonde, AmorePacific Malaysia will have four brands under its company portfolio which includes Laneige, Sulwhasoo and Innisfree,"added Chin.
Mamonde is the leading global premium cosmetic brand that offers a wide array of skincare, and makeup products to suit every woman's daily needs.
Price range of its products is expected to be between RM6 - RM169, it's affordable and inexpensive.
Mamonde Brand Story
"Inspired by Flowers"
The flower, a sign of beauty and a symbol of grace; is also magical with its ability to speak to the soul in a which words cannot express. The blossoming flower, its colors and pleasant scent emits a natural inherent vitality and surging energy that lifts the mood and comforts the heart. But there's much more to this extraordinary plant.
AmorePacific Research Institute discovered the close relation between flowers and a woman's beauty.
Advanced research was then carried out on various flowers; from the root to its stem and petals to discover the amazing power and energy that the flowers possess. Findings the reveal that flowers contain moisturising and skin-nourishing ingredients that not only provide nourishment to the skin but also moisture and balance oil production to maintain a vibrant skin.
Years of research concluded with the inception of a unique innovation and formulation that use floral extraction to re-invent beauty. AmorePacific named its innovation Mamonde, a brand that inspires feminine beauty with flowers through its flower science technology.
On the left: South Korean Brand Manager giving her speech on spot, she has a translator next to her to translate in English.
Entering the 'World of Mamonde', the event commenced with an introduction of the brand followed by a walk to the 'Mamonde Garden'.
At the garden, beauty bloggers were given a detailed briefing on the R&D of Mamonde which covers the 5 key flowers used in Mamonde formulation, flower science, technologies and its floral properties.
The walk continues as we reach Mamonde's product experience area and finally, a 'Flower Beauty Class' that captivates participants with all things floral.
|My creation on the event, inspired by flowers. Inspire by blooming flower, bloom beautifully inside out.|
It was 30 minutes challenge for everyone to create their master piece, flowers' petals are given, scissor and super glue, and a stick.
Beauty bloggers get to try and experience the skin care.
|Blogger Jacinta trying out the Mamonde skincare range.|
Lots of beauty products awaiting bloggers to try.
|Cover Cushion Powder Cushion|
Among Mamonde's star products include
The First Energy Essence/Serum
Cover Powder Cushion
Age Control Power Eye Cream
Moisture Ceramide Cream
Lotus Micro Cleansing Foam
Rose Water Toner
Floral Hydro Cream
Mamonde products are formulated with various types of flowers that possess the following properties:
- Vitalizing - The Honeysuckle and the Evening Primrose both have amazing vitalizing properties that help maintain healthy skin. The Honeysuckle is an absorbent plant with its ability to absorb nutrition from barren soil to deliver nutrients fast to vital parts of its plant. Similarly for the skin, the Honeysuckle delivers nutrients found in the flower to the skin for a smoother and firmer skin that is vitalised from within. The Evening Primrose contains high concentration of fatty acid and other nutrients that is essential to improve cell structure and skin elasticity.
- Moisturizing & Hydrating - Mamonde uses Demask Rose (Rose Water), Hibiscus, Narcissus and Peach Blossoms in its hydrating and moisturising range. The Rose water is extracted with super-high pressure to preserve its amazing properties of soothing and moisturising the skin. The Hibiscus, Narcissus and Peach Blossom on the other hand, contain natural hydrators and ceramide that offers flawless hydration. The Narcissus offers excellent moisturising benefits of up to 24 hours.
- Anti-anging - The Camellia is a resilient plant that thrives in a wide range of weather conditions even through winter. Its resilience and other therapeutic properties help protect the skin from free radical damage and reduce the signs of aging for a youthful-looking skin.
- Cleansing & Exfoliation - The Lotus Flower has the ability to cleanse and purify while providing antioxidant protection. It contains natural alpha-hydroxy acids that help exfoliate the outer layer of the skin, allowing younger cells to rise to the surface to restore a youthful look.
- Brightening - The Magnolia, an ancient type of flower which has been around for more than 100 million years, has numerous medicinal values. It also has an excellent effect in skin whitening and post-inflammatory pigmentation inhibition. The Water Lily is another plant which amazing benefits to the skin which include brightening the complexion as well as soothing irritated skin.
- Pore Care & Oil Balancing - The Heartleaf Houttuynia and Saga are perfect for regulating sebum production and especially for the oily skin. Extracts of the Heartleaf Hottuynia also help tighten the pores that have enlarged and that have lost resilience. It offers instant contraction and it is also cooling to the skin.
|First Energy Essence and First Energy Serum|
Formulated with the Floral Biotics Technology, both Mamonde First Energy Essence and First Energy Serum have recently been upgraded with the antioxidant Lactobacillus that is extracted from the Honeysuckle flowers. The Lactobacillus is blended together with the 1-year-old fermented "Flower Vinegar" to provide the skin with greater synergy effect, thus enhancing anti-oxidative activities beneath the skin. Besides that, the plant-derived Lactobacillus also helps to promote skin's immunity, leaving your skin less susceptible and more resilient to external aggression.
Upon application of the First Energy Essence and Serum right after cleansing the face, you will experience double the effects of the following products in your skincare and makeup routine.
Mamonde's First Energy Essence (150ml) is a water type booster that gives you a refreshing feel upon application on the skin. Suitable for users with combination to oily skin, while the First Energy Serum (100ml) is an emulsion type booster that provides nourishing and soothing effect to those with dry skin.
Both the products retail at RM119 each can be purchased at Mamonde's first Beauty Counter at AEON Bandar Utama this August.
Apart from its country of origin South Korea, Mamonde has also been launched in the U.S, China, and Thailand.